The newest cookie in my collection and I fell in love. The texture and the flavor are just amazing. It reminds me of a trail cookie from my childhood called a GORP cookie, filled with all kinds of healthy stuff that tastes too good to be healthy.
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Brown Swerve or brown sugar substitute of choice. (see below for brown sugar recipe)
- 1/4 cup Sweetener of choice
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum *optional for texture
- 1/2 cup Sugar free chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bar
- 1/3 cup Macadamia nuts, coarse chopped
- 1/3 cup Pistachios, coarse chopped
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
You could swap out nuts to fit your preference or eliminate any of the add ins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add melted butter and sweeteners into a large mixing bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl, measure flours, baking powder, salt and Xanthan Gum.
- Add to the wet ingredients.
- Mix well
- Fold in the chocolate chips, nuts and coconut. (I do this by hand)
- Scoop out dough balls, place on parchment covered cookie sheet and press slightly flat.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool until touchable and move to wire rack until completely cool
- Store in airtight container
Inspired by original recipe on Low Carb Inspirations
Brown Sugar –
Mix the following well with a fork.
- 1 cup of granular sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple extract