These are super simple and very tasty, I could see making them a little thicker and using them for burger buns or adding some smoked salmon and making salmon patties out of this. They are good with a cool creamy sour cream sriracha dip.
- 2 cups grated zucchini (one medium sized zucchini)
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil or Bacon grease
- To make these zucchini fritters, grate the zucchini, then squeeze it dry with some paper towels or cheese cloth. Get as much moisture out as you can.
- Place all the grated zucchini in a bowl, and add in the diced onion, Parmesan cheese , the egg and flour and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Form 6-8 patties, depending on size. Smaller patties hold up better while cooking.
- Cook on medium heat for about 4-6 minutes on each side, or until you get a nice, golden brown crust on the outside and the patties have cooked on the inside. Flip very gently.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before eating.