I made this tonight and fell in love with it… Eaten with mashed cauliflower. It was rich and creamy and so good.
Parmesan Carbonara Chicken
**For The Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 filets
- 2 heaping tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
**For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 8- ounces bacon
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic , minced or finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese. Dredge seasoned chicken in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non stick pan or well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer onto a warm plate. (I kept it in the oven to stay warm)
- Add the bacon strips to the pan and fry until crispy. Drain off some excess fat, keeping about 1 teaspoons worth in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until onion is transparent (about 1 minute). Reduce heat to low heat, and add the cream. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer; season with a little salt and pepper to your taste. Add in the parmesan cheese, and allow the sauce to simmer until the parmesan cheese has melted slightly. (I added about 1/4 cup of white wine)
- Add the chicken back into the pan to serve.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, over zucchini noodles, or cauliflower mash.
Original recipe from cafedelites.com and made keto on here.