Probably the least keto meal around, right?? Wrong, where there is a will, there’s a way. I made this for keto and non-keto eaters, and it was a thumbs up across the board. The ultimate comfort food.
Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 lb sausage cooked and crumbled (Jimmy Dean is best)
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese (pre-softened melts better)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp instant coffee (weird, but works)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cayenne Pepper(optional)
- Brown sausage in a skillet.
- After it’s browned, add the cream cheese and heavy cream and stir on low heat until melted and well mixed.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- May need to thin with additional cream or broth.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder) in a large bowl, mix with a fork to remove clumps.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix well, until well blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula until mixed into a dough like consistency.
- Grease a muffin tin, then divide dough into muffin tins and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Makes 9-12 muffins.