These are by far the best keto chocolate chip cookies I’ve mad yet. I am still playing with the recipe and there may be minor changes as time goes on. Check back for changes.
Lupin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1½ cups of almond flour, fine ground
- 2 tbsp of lupin flour ( Lupina Flour Brand is my favorite)
- 1 stick of butter, softened…not melted
- 1/2 cup brown sweetener
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup SF chocolate chips
- Nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flours in a bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sweetener together with a hand mixer or stand-mixer until smooth and semi-fluffy.
- Add in egg yolks, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt and mix briefly until smooth.
- Add in flour combo and mix until combined into a dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon. Add nuts if using.
- Place bowl if refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With your hands, or a cookie scoop form into about 12 round balls, and place them on your lined baking sheet 2 inches apart…. Do not flatten the dough balls.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. The cookies will look very underdone , look for the edges to be turning golden brown.
- When you pull them out of the oven, bang the bottom of the pan on the counter once or twice.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 15 -20 minutes before touching
- These can be stored on counter or in fridge, sealed airtight AFTER cooling.
- Best if eaten at room temp or slightly warmed in microwave.