The short time in the Instant Pot makes this taste like it was cooked all day. Chili is a versatile meal, it can be a side or a main dish, you can add all your favorite vegetables, make is mild and rich or hot and spicy.
If you love beans in your chili, you could even add Black Soy Beans to this.
Pairs great with Corn Bread
Quick Chili With An All Day Taste
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Optional veggies: celery, peppers, zucchini, shredded carrots
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb sausage
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 15 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I use the ones with garlic and onion)
- 1/4 Tsp xanthan, optional for extra thickness
- Sauté the onions in a large skillet. Add other veggies if you’re using any.
- Add the ground beef and sausage and cook it until it has browned.
- Add the dry ingredients to the meat. Stir until it’s well combined.
- Add the bone broth, fire roasted tomatoes and diced tomatoes
- If you like a thicker chili, add a 1/4 tsp of xanthan. Sprinkle it over the chili and mix it thoroughly.
- Pour in to the pressure cooker and set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Then quick release.
- This can also be simmered on the stove for a few hours for the same wonderful taste.
- Serve with your favorites toppings… onion, cheese, sour cream
Also great over your favorite pasta substitute or over burgers and hot dogs