A crumble is a simple dessert that can be made seasonal by just changing the filling. This works with berries, rhubarb, you can even make “apple” with zucchini or chayote squash. Look here for directions.
This also doubles very easily.
- 2-4 cups prepped fruit (sweetened and cooked if needed, like rhubarb or faux apples)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup lupin flour (can be subbed with ground flax seed or more almond flour)
- 3 tbs sweetener
- 2 tbs butter, slightly soft (not melted)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon on top is optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Pour prepped fruit in 8×8 pan
- Mix ingredients together until it crumbles, add an extra Tbsp of flour if needed
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top and the fruit is bubbles through the topping.
- Amount of fruit will depend on type of fruit and desired thickness of filling.