This recipe makes wonderful dinner rolls, but I have also found that they make a great breakfast food. Top with butter and jam or use for biscuits and gravy. They are soft and fluffy.
If you swap out the fine lupin flour for the coarser ground lupin…these make a wonderful “corn” bread muffin.
This recipe makes 6 rolls and can easily be doubled.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp sour cream or yogurt
- 1 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp sweetener
- 1/2 cup lupin flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt 1½ tablespoons of butter.
- While butter is melting add heavy whipping cream, sour cream and eggs to a large mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Pour in melted butter and combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place batter into muffin cups, filling approximately halfway. (Love silicone for this)
- Add a sliver of butter to the top of each roll.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan