A simple, light and refreshing salad. Makes a great lunch or a wonderful side dish. I used G Hughes Raspberry Vinaigrette to make this even easier…you could make your own, too.
See recipe for candied pecans and berry vinaigrette in recipe instructions.
Spinach & Strawberry Salad
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup diced strawberries (and/or blueberries)
- 2-3 tbsp red onion, diced
- 2 oz goat cheese (Chevre)
- 6 oz spinach
- 1/4 cup candied pecans
- 2-3 tbsp berry vinaigrette dressing (G Hughes is great)
- Make candied pecans by melting 1 tbsp butter and 1 tsp sweetener in a skillet, and adding pecans.
- Stir, making sure pecans are totally coated, heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour onto parchment paper to cool
- Place spinach, red onions, strawberries, and goat cheese in a large bowl.
- Top with dressing and toss well, add the candied pecans like crouton on top.
- In a blender, mix 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tbsp water, a pinch of salt, 1/4 cup berries of choice and sweetener to taste.
- Blend until smooth