This is a simple and fun way to make dessert for a small group. Tastes great and is a hit with even with non-keto family and friends. Prep a few different toppings and everyone can have their favorite.
Here are some topping ideas
- *Start with room temp ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (Neufchâtel works great too)
- 1/4 cup sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the cream cheese and sweetener in bowl, mix until just combined with electric hand mixer.
- Add sour cream, and vanilla and mix until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs and beat until just combined.
- Pour into an 8-inch round baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until set.
- Turn off heat and crack oven door, let sit for about 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool 30 minutes. It will deflate a little as it cools.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Scoop like ice cream, I like a small cookie scoop or you could slice.
- Top with berries or berry sauce, chocolate sauce, peanut butter sauce or even granola or a crumb topping.
- Over mixing, blending, beating causes cake to rise and fall.
- Could easily be made with a crust of your choice
- Freeze scoops as fat bombs or quick easy desserts.
- This doubles very well, you may need to add a little cook time.