Everything tastes better when you cook and eat outside. In the summer, it seems like everyone is cooking out…maybe you’re hosting and want good food for everybody or maybe you’re going to a friend’s and want to make sure you have something keto to take with you…something everyone will love. These are recipes that everyone, keto and not will enjoy.
This is probably the easiest part, meats are keto. Season it, grill it and done…
What about sauces and marinades?? Here are some that have been ketofied… Sauces, Dips and Marinades.
- Hot Dogs, Brats and Sausages (check ingredients)
- Fish, Shrimp, Scallops,
- Pork Chops or Pork Loin
Ribs are one of my favorite, but who wants to spend all that time prepping?
BBQ Ribs (Instant Pot)
- 1-2 racks ribs
- Dry rub
- BBQ sauce
- Season ribs with dry rub of choice (watch for sugar in pre-mixes)
- Place in instant pot, add 1 cup water (or liquid of choice)
- Set for 90 minutes, manual release
- Lay out cooked ribs on tin foil to cool (as long as you want, but over night is wonderful)
- Cover in BBQ sauce of choice
- Grill on BBQ until hot with desired “crust”
There are a few good store bought sugar free BBQ sauces out there like G Hughes or Ray’s…but you can make your own too, here is my favorite Root Beer BBQ Sauce
Side Dishes –
Cold Sides –
- Almost Potato Salad
- Blue Cucumber Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Zucchini & Blue Cheese Salad/Pasta
- Shrimp Avocado Salsa
- Pasta Salad- Using Palmini or low carb pasta or “No Pasta” salad below
- Cole Slaw – see recipe at bottom
- Veggie tray with dip (Ranch Dressing)
Hot Sides –
- Zucchini Skins
- Creamed Spinach
- Refried Beans
- BBQ Beans
- Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- Grilled Veggies
- Veggie Skewers – Add veggies to a skewer and grill (Peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini….)
Here are some other ideas that can be used for any get together inside or out… Appetizers, sides and snacks.
Cole Slaw Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-4 tbsp cream or buttermilk
- 2-3 tbsp sweetener
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl
- Add more or less of any ingredient for taste or consistency.
- Add in the coleslaw mix and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Change flavor by adding garlic, cilantro, green onions, chili powder, dill, or your favorite seasoning.
- Create a smoked cole slaw by putting your cabbage mix in a pan on your smoker for 30-45 minutes.
No pasta pasta salad
- 3 cups broccoli florets raw
- 3 cups cauliflower florets raw
- ½ cup cubed cheddar cheese
- Sliced pepperoni
- ½ cup sliced olives
- ½ cup to 1 cup Italian dressing of your choice
- Add everything to a bowl and mix
- Cover with plastic and store in fridge 1-2 hours before serving
- Optional Add Ins… peppers, artichokes, different cheeses, cucumbers, mushroom….anything you want
BBQ Baked Beans
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 15 oz cans black soy beans drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sweetener
- 1 tsp molasses (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook bacon over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In same pan, cook ground beef with onion and garlic until beef is evenly brown.
- Return bacon to pan.
- Mix in the drained beans, water, tomato paste, sweetener, molasses, vinegar, and liquid smoke.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in baking pan, cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.