This bread/cake happened for two reason, I miss banana bread and I love making new recipes with lupin flour. The texture of this is great, it’s dense and sturdy, not mushy or wet like almond flour tends to be. You could skip the banana syrup or swap it for extract or even use a different flavor all together. If you are not strict keto you could mash up half of a banana to add to this, it might add 1 carb per slice and would be worth it.
This would be wonderful as a lemon pound cake, maybe add some berries….
Banana Bread Pound Cake
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup allulose (or equivalent)
- 1/4 cup Pyure (or equivalent)
- 4 whole eggs, room temperature (Leave out 1 egg per 2 oz of banana, if you use real banana)
- 3 tbsp Torani banana syrup (or any flavor you like)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup lupin flour
- 1/2 scoop whey protein
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Nuts and/or chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss in room temperature butter, softened cream cheese, and sweeteners into a mixing bowl.
- Cream together the butter and sweetener until smooth. Then, add in softened chunks of cream cheese and blend together until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, and extracts in with the blended ingredients. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl: mix together the flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add in the ingredients from the medium sized bowl into the batter. Mix with spoon or spatula or flours will puff everywhere
- Use the hand blender to blend the clumps until very smooth.
- Pour batter into a pan. (I used a standard size bread pan lined with parchment paper)
- Bake for 30-35 (45-50 with real banana added) until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle.
Serve it buttered like bread or frosted like cake….there are a lot of options with this recipe.