This is my go to fish recipe, It’s my favorite simple way to cook up fresh Alaskan salmon or halibut. I’m sure it would work with other fish as well.
BBQ Salmon or Halibut
- 2 pounds salmon (Halibut works great, too)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar substitute
- ¼ cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Optional – Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro/green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay the salmon on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter, then whisk in the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the glaze over the salmon. Baste a couple times during cooking
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until salmon is cooked throughout.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until brown and caramelized.
- Works great on a BBQ grill too