This salad was so much better than I imagined. It can easily be doubled or switched up to fit your ingredients or meal plan.
You could even swap the dressing for olive oil and serve it warm as a “pasta” dish, maybe with mushrooms, shrimp or chicken.
Zucchini & Blue Cheese Salad
- 2 cups zucchini noodles
- 2 thin slices onion, diced
- 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 3 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup, crumbled bacon
- Boiled egg
- Toss zoodles, onion, spinach, pepper and dressing well
- Add blue cheese and bacon and gently toss again.
To Change it to a warm pasta dish
Ingredients (plus ones above)
- Omit the blue cheese dressing and add olive oil.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4-1/2 onion (increased from above)
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt or sour cream (optional for creamy sauce)
- Heat oil in med-large skillet, add mushrooms, garlic and onion, saute until about half done.
- Add spinach and saute until starting to wilt.
- Add zoodles and heat for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt/sour cream if desired, allow sauce to warm
- Remove from heat and toss in blue cheese crumbles, bacon, salt/pepper and vinegar.
- Serve warm
- Adding Meat: I would suggest cooking shrimp or chicken separately, seasoning as desired and adding just before serving.