A simple side dish that can get just about anyone eating spinach. The key to making this so wonderful is getting all the spinach juice out. Use cheesecloth to squeeze the heck out of it.
Change this up a little by adding sliced and sautéed mushrooms or cooked and crumbled bacon.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-1½ cups half-and-half or heavy cream
- 10-12 oz pkg frozen spinach (thawed, with the moisture squeezed out)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese or mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh)
- In a large skillet melt the butter and saute the garlic and onions.
- Cook on medium low for 8-10 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add in salt and pepper
- Mix over low and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the half an half and cook until boiling.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese
- Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Add in the spinach and the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.