I have tried about 30 different keto pancakes and waffles… I finally found “The One”. These are amazing and the closest thing to non-keto tasting I have found. They are not gritty, eggy, flat or just weird.
Add berries, nuts or chocolate chips or swap the butter for peanut butter. Change them up just like you would regular pancakes.
Lupin Flour Pancakes/Waffles
- 1/3 cup lupin flour (fine ground)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp whey powder
- 2 tsp sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or other extract
- 4 tbsp milk or milk sub
- Mix all ingredient well, I like using an immersion blender with a whisk attachment. You can add a little more milk to thin if necessary.
- You can add a little butter to pan if needed or desired.
- Pour about 1/4 cup in pan and cook to golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings
You could skip the xanthan gum, but it may impact the perfect texture.
You can even make a large batch for quick mornings…
- 2 cups lupin flour (fine ground)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup whey powder (optional)
Mix all ingredients well and store in a air tight container.
Mix 1/4 cup of mix with 1 egg, 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp milk/milk sub.
Add vanilla to taste