So many simple sauces that can change the flavor of a dish, or a dip for veggies and pork rinds.
Check out some warm gravies and cream sauces that can also help you up your fats.
I also have some sweet dessert toppings
Asian Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/3 cup sesame oil (toasted or dark)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (sriracha works, too)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- Blend all ingredients together in a small blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
Bernaise Sauce (Link)
Big Mac Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp pickles, finely diced
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweetener (start small and add to taste)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender. If dressing is too thick thin out with cream or water.
- Adjust sweetener to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use on burgers or “Big Mac Salad”
- 1/2-3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 cup cheese shredded – 2 or 3 kinds for better flavor
- pinch salt if needed
- 1-2 tbsp cream if you need to thin it down
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika (smoked is good)
- 2-4 tbsp freshly chopped herbs of choice
- Heat cream and butter in a small saucepan
- Once heated, add the cream cheese.
- Stir until melted and bring to a simmer. Once you see bubbles, remove from heat
- Add grated cheddar cheese and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Cook longer for thicker sauce, add more cream to thin it.
- I have found if reheated slowly while stirring, this can be reused pretty well.
Creamy BBQ Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp favorite SF BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo (use sour cream for a tangier dip)
- Mix well
- Great for chicken tenders, zucchini fries or on zucchini skins
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce (not a tzatziki)
- 4 ounce plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper (for sauce)
- 1 cup chopped, seeded cucumber(small dice)
- Mix everything except the cucumber, blend or whisk well
- Add cucumber and stir well
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving
- Serve over chicken or fish or use as a salad dressing
Guacamole My Way
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 -4 Tbsp sour cream (more can be added for texture or taste)
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp ranch dressing powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Peel, seed and mash avocado (smooth or chunky, your choice)
- Add all other ingredients
- Mix well and season further to taste (flavors will be different with every avocado, needing more of different things)
- If made ahead of time, seal well by putting saran wrap directly on the mixture and refrigerate.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1 T ginger/garlic paste
- 2 T brown sweetener
- 2 T coconut oil
- Mix together and simmer at low heat for five minutes… Jar up and refrigerate.
- 3 tbsp mustard, yellow, dijon, your choice
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp powdered sweetener (+/- to taste)
- 1 tsp -1 tbsp vinegar (optional for flavor or consistency)
Mix all ingredients well
- 3 tbsp chicken broth
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 stick cold butter
- Place broth and lemon juice in skillet or sauce pan.
- Boil and reduce by half.
- Turn off the heat and add the heavy whipping cream. Whisk well to combine.
- Cut the butter into about 8 chunk
- Turn off burner and add chunks of butter one at a time… whisking until each one is melted and fully incorporated.
- Continue until all the butter is whisked in and your sauce is smooth
- Season to taste.
Onion Dijon Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup minced fresh onion
- 1½ tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onion & garlic to melted butter and simmer for about for a minute or 2.
- Add mustard and stir well.
- Add cream and simmering while stirring for another minute or 2.
- Serve warm over veggies, chicken, or fish.
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Mix well
- Amazing dip for artichokes
Root Beer Barbecue Sauce
- 1 can Zevia root beer
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp molasses (skip if you are strict)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger (ginger paste)
- 1-2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2-4 tbs brown sweetener (+/- based on desired sweetness)
- 1 cup ketchup (sugar free) (1 can diced tomatoes, blended)
- 1 tbsp mustard (I like a sweet hot mustard)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 -1 tsp chili powder
- 1-3 tsp lime juice (if needed to cut the sweet)
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (optional, if needed to thicken)
- In a medium sauce pan, simmer root beer and balsamic until reduced by half
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger in the butter in a small pan
- Add softened onion mix to reduced root beer
- Add other liquid ingredients, stir and heat for about 5 minutes
- Add sweetener, ketchup, mustard and seasonings.
- Simmer another 5-10 minutes and taste…add lime juice and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Allow to cool or brush on meats and grill.
- Add any other seasonings and flavors to make it perfect for you. I like a little orange juice or orange zest.
- 1/2 onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes with onion & garlic (drain for slightly thicker salsa)
- 1 can green chiles (jalapenos if you want spice)
- 1 bunch chopped cilanto
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put onion in food processor, pulse a few times (very coarse chop)
- Add tomatoes and chiles/peppers, pulse a few more times
- Add cilantro, garlic, and lemon juice, pulse to desired consistency
- Add salt & pepper to taste
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup sweetener
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp xanthan gum
- Place ingredients, except xanthan gum, into a small saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to the boil then whisk in the xanthan gum. Boil for another 3-5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, cover well and store in fridge
- 1 cup soy sauce (coconut aminos)
- 1 cup brown sweetener
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional to thicken)
Whisk well and use as a marinade or thicken and use as a sauce.
Yum Yum Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2-1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.