Sloppy Joes are a quick and easy dinner that can make keto and non-keto family members happy and satisfied. Even the kids will like this one.
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, or pork
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (2 oz, or 1/2 of a pepper)
- 1/4 cup diced onion (1 oz)
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Brown Sweetener
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard (or Dijon)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth (or water with 1 tsp of beef base)
- 1/4 tsp each, salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef (or turkey or pork)
- When the meat is almost cooked through, stir in all of the other ingredients, adding the broth last. (I find mixing all the ingredients together before adding to meat works best.
- Bring up to a simmer, turn down to medium low and simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve