One of the simplest, fancy dishes you can make. Make it for a quick delicious dinner or for a special dinner for 2. If you have the halibut, chances are you have everything else in your kitchen.
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 large chopped onion (sliced is typical, but I prefer diced)
- 1 tbsp dry white wine (can be subbed with lemon juice)
- 1 lb halibut fillets
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup pork panko (can be subbed with French’s Fried Onions or Ritz Crackers)
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter; pour into bottom of 9×9-inch baking pan or ceramic baking/serving dishes.
- Spread onion over melted butter and top with halibut fillets.
- Pour a small amount of white wine onto fillets and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Mix Worcestershire, garlic, sour cream and mayonnaise together; spread over halibut.
- Mix pork panko with melted butter and spread over the cream sauce.
- Bake in oven until fish flakes and crumbs are lightly browned (about 20 minutes.).
- Top with a the chopped cilantro