Chaffles are not my invention but they are a wonderful and tasty idea. They can be turned into sandwich bread, burger buns, taco shells, cakes, desserts, any kind of sweet or savory bread you can think of.
Wonder Waffles are at the bottom of the page
The Basic Chaffle
One “batch” makes 2 small round chaffles with a Dash mini waffle maker
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp almond flour I prefer it with the flour)
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds (cut cheese to 1/3 cup)
- 1-2 tsp coconut flour
- 1-2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 tsp SF jello mix
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin w/1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice – frost with sweetened cream cheese
- Protein Powder
- Chopped meats and vegetables
- Cheese – egg – cheese…(in waffle maker) cook
- Blend all ingredients…cook
- Mix ingredients…cook
- I like some cheese in the mix and some on the out side for crispiness
- Burger/Sandwich buns
- Breakfast Waffles
- Cheesy garlic bread
- Taco shells/tostadas
- Chaffles & gravy (Biscuits & gravy)
- Strawberry shortcake – Top with whipped cream and strawberries
- Pizza – melt cheese and toppings on your chaffle
- Churo – Dip immediately in sweetener and cinnamon
- Eat as waffles, sandwich bread, taco shells, desserts….unlimited options!
- Freezes well.
- Reheat in toaster, toaster oven, oven or frying pan…microwave is ok, but will leave them soft.
- 1 egg
- 1-3 tbsp almond flour OR 1/2- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1/8 tsp baking powder (up to 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tsp water (or HWC)
- Other options:
- pinch of salt or other seasonings for flavor
- sub out some almond flour with oat fiber for texture (I wouldn’t go more than 1/2 tbsp)
- Sprinkle of cheese, top & bottom for that crispiness
- Mix well, I like stick blender with whisk attachment
- Pour half in Dash mini, or pour whole amount in full size waffle iron.
- Cook until done and repeat with remainder.
- Can also be fried in skillet.
Not quite a “chaffle”, but these 1 Minute Muffins work great in your waffle iron too.
There are vegetable options too, add some cauliflower or shredded zucchini, try the Zucchini Fritters in a waffle maker, the choices are endless.