I love to have a dip-able side dish (like fries) with some foods… burgers, chicken strips and so on. I make lots of “fries” (zucchini, eggplant) but I like variety….
Even my potato loving husband and my non-keto friends have enjoyed these.
- 2 cups of riced cauliflower (frozen works fine)
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar (sub other cheeses for different flavors)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (green can kind)
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Seasoning to taste (garlic, chives, seasoning blends…)
- *Can be thickened with a couple tbsp of pork panko if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Microwave cauliflower rice for 2 minutes on high, covered.
- Drain and squeeze any excess moisture from cauli-rice (Important)
- Pulse in food processor, not quite to the point of paste or puree. Leave slightly chunky (this makes them better, but not necessary)
- Put finely chopped cauliflower into a bowl and add the cheese, Parmesan, almond flour, seasonings.
- Stir until ingredients are well-combined.
- Add the egg and stir until the ingredients are mostly coated with egg.
- Use a Cookie Scoop or a one-tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out rounded spoonfuls of the mixture and place on a parchment paper covered pan. Can also be hand formed to “tot” bites.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Carefully turn each cauliflower tot over and bake 15 minutes more, or until tots are nicely browned on both sides.
- Serve hot; these are best served right out of the oven.
- These can be made in mini muffin tin, but I find they get destroyed when trying to flip.