I love pumpkin pie, year round. Before keto, I would make extras and eat slices for breakfast too. It’s eggs and vegetables, right?….like an omelet (kidding).
There are lots of recipes out there for keto friendly crusts and you could make this in a crust, or make it in ramekins and eat it as a custard. I’m thinking the next batch I might add a little protein powder and make it a legitimate breakfast food. I got 10 servings out of this and it is 100 calories, 8 fats, 3 carbs, and 3 protein (plus topping, of course).
Pumpkin Pie Custard
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/3 cup brown sweetener
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Heat oven to 425
- Whisk eggs and both sweeteners together until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and the salt.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour into crust, pan, or ramekins.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.