My favorite ice cream ever is Baskin Robbins chocolate PB ice cream and my husband’s favorite anything includes peanut butter. I had to try..
Here’s what I came up with – This is made with a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
Chocolate Ice Cream w/ a Peanut Butter Ribbon
Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted (3/4 c is very rich, maybe a little less)
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (1/4 c Pyure)
- 1/3 cup packed Swerve Brown Sweetener
- pinch salt
- 1 cup Fairlife 2% milk or milk sub of your choice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons vodka **optional, keeps the ice cream from freezing too hard
Peanut Butter Ribbon Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Pyure (sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Add all ice cream ingredients to a blender and blend until mixed well.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
- While the mix is chilling soften the peanut butter and butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Mix well and add sweetener and cream. Mix until smooth and spoon mix into a ziplock bag and put in the fridge to cool.
- Turn the ice cream maker on; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of churning, pull out your PB mix and squeeze it all to one corner, cut off the corner and slowly squeeze a ribbon into the ice cream. (Like a pastry bag)
- The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving