I always liked beer bread pre-keto, I didn’t think I would ever be making it again….surprise, surprise.
There are lots of low carb beers out there, but there is only 1/2 a cup in beer so the carbs will be low anyway, so I just used my husbands local craft beer.
I have a new lupin flour beer bread that is more authentic, if you like baking with lupin flour.
I chose to make it with no garlic, herbs or seasonings so I could have a piece with a little jelly…OMG, so good!!! I do think it would be amazing with some sharp cheddar cheese added and served with a nice hearty soup.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup low carb beer
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients, whisk to break up clumps
- Add in the eggs, melted butter and beer.
- Stir until well combined, and allow to sit for 10 minutes
- Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temp before removing from the pan.
- You could add cheese or herbs and spices if you want.