Not all side dishes require recipes, but since keto takes away some of the basic side dish options, I though a list of ideas would be helpful.
Vegetables – Fresh, frozen or canned….
- Fresh vegetable plate with dip
- Seasonal vegetables – grilled or roasted. Bok choy, zucchini, onions, cabbage
- Green beans – Plain or add some butter and bacon or crispy “fried” green beans, green bean casserole
- Broccoli – With cheese sauce, fully loaded (butter, bacon, cheese and sour cream), roasted or a cool broccoli salad
- Cauliflower – Roasted, mashed, riced, “potato” salad, cauli mac and cheese, cauli tots
- Creamed Spinach
- Zucchini – Zucchini skins, fritters, roasted, grilled, zoodles and cheese, zucchini fries, blue cheese and zoodle salad or pasta.
- Spaghetti squash with butter and parmesan or a creamy sauce
- Cabbage – Roasted cabbage, fried cabbage w/onions and bacon.
- Salads with your favorite dressings. Salads don’t have to be lettuce based, try new salads like this Blue Cheese Cucumber Salad or cole slaw.
- Roasted artichoke hearts (from frozen) with a pesto/mayo dip
- Artichokes, asparagus, avocado (stuffed is good too), spaghetti squash, brussel sprouts, stuffed or sauteed mushrooms
- Fried bread – Vetkoek, Naan, Fry bread
- Dinner rolls
- Cheddar biscuits
- Cheesy bread
- Peanut Butter Bread
- Deviled eggs
- Fried queso fresco (cheese)
- Refried Beans
- Soups can be a side or a meal.
- Jalapeno poppers
- Favorite “pasta” recipe with zoodles or noodle substitute.
- Nuts and cheese
Sometimes you don’t even need a real side dish…how about steak and scallops??