Not all side dishes require recipes, but since keto takes away some of the basic side dish options, I though a list of ideas would be helpful.
Vegetables – Fresh, frozen or canned….
- Fresh vegetable plate with dip
- Seasonal vegetables – grilled or roasted. Bok choy, zucchini, onions, cabbage
- Green beans – Plain or add some butter and bacon or crispy “fried” green beans, green bean casserole
- Broccoli – With cheese sauce, fully loaded (butter, bacon, cheese and sour cream), roasted or a cool broccoli salad
- Cauliflower – Roasted, mashed, riced, “potato” salad, cauli mac and cheese
- Zucchini – Zucchini skins, fritters, roasted, grilled, zoodles and cheese, zucchini fries
- Spaghetti squash with butter and parmesan or a creamy sauce
- Cabbage – Roasted cabbage, fried cabbage w/onions and bacon.
- Salads with your favorite dressings
- Roasted artichoke hearts (from frozen) with a pesto/mayo dip
- Artichokes, asparagus, avocado (stuffed is good too), spaghetti squash, brussel sprouts, stuffed or sauteed mushrooms
You can also add sauces to your veggies to keep them yummy and interesting. Cream sauces, cheese sauces….
- Fried bread – Vetkoek, Naan, Fry bread
- Dinner rolls
- Cheddar biscuits
- Cheesy bread
- Peanut Butter Bread
- Deviled eggs
- Fried queso fresco (cheese)
- Refried Beans
- Soups can be a side or a meal.
- Jalapeno poppers
- Favorite “pasta” recipe with zoodles.
- Nuts and cheese
Sometimes you don’t even need a real side dish…how about steak and scallops??