I have never been a huge fan of chicken thighs, but because of a recent sale at the grocery store I decided I needed to try again. I went looking for a keto friendly chicken thigh recipe that sounded good. I knew it needed to be crispy…this is what I found. It was so good, that we now eat them at least once a week. Thighs are a fattier cut of chicken and great for keto, so finding a way to enjoy then is a win to me.
Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs (I usually do 10 thighs, and have lunch leftovers)
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Pat your chicken thighs dry and season both sides with salt and pepper (adding other seasonings can change up the flavor)
- Add your butter and olive oil into a large, ovenproof skillet (cast irons are perfect for this) over medium heat, bacon grease works great too.
- When the butter is melted, add your garlic.
- When your pan is hot, add your chicken skin side down
- Sear until the chicken skin is nice, brown, and crispy.
- Flip your chicken over once the skin is crispy
- Place the whole skillet in the oven and bake for 10-15 mins (oven time will vary based on how long you seared the chicken in your pan, but just keep an eye on it)
- When the chicken is done, remove to a plate, spoon some of the garlic butter over top of each thigh, and you’re ready to serve!
You can also add a little cream and seasonings to the garlic butter to make a cream sauce. See ideas for cream sauces here.