I find myself going over on my proteins too often. My solution is save the majority of my proteins for dinner so I can have the good stuff. Here are some ideas for lower protein meals and snacks.
Vegetables – Especially leafy ones can be filling and they typically don’t add a lot of protein (or carbs or fats) to our day.
- Veggies and dip
- Salads with a good fat dressing – ranch dressing
- Broccoli with cheese sauce or loaded with other goodies – cheese sauce
- Soups full of vegetables – egg drop soup
- Avocados – filling and full of good fats
- Mashed or loaded cauliflower – very filling and can be made so many ways –mashed cauliflower
- Watch out for the carbier veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers….
Meats plus – If you add other stuff to your meat to make them more filling, you can make it lower protein.
- Deli meat roll ups – roll deli meats up with cheeses, veggies and cream cheese, dip in ranch
- Meat sticks or jerky – Add this to your veggie plate or as a small snack
- Pepperoni or salami with a little smear of cream cheese or spreadable cheese
- Fathead bagel sandwich – add a little deli meat and load it with cheese and veggies – bagels
Dairy or non-dairy – The fats in these can be filling and healthy.
- Cheese – Add some to your veggie and meat plate
- Chia puddings – Healthy, filling and yummy – chia puddings
- Pizza bowls – Fill a bowl with cheese,veggies and a little pepperoni in a bowl and microwave until the cheese it hot and gooey (I add a little SF ketchup and Italian seasoning for “sauce”)
- Skillet pizza – Similar to above, brown some cheese in a skillet, add sauce & toppings
- Eggs – Boiled eggs, deviled eggs, egg salad
Some of my breakfast ideas can be lunch and snacks too breakfast to go
Here are some actual meatless meal recipes too.
You don’t have to pick just one of these either…have a salad with some deviled eggs on the side