Sometimes if you are over your proteins for the day you need a good filling dinner with not a lot of protein. Sometimes you just don’t want meat, and for some people meatless is a way of life. I have not tried all of these, but they look amazing. It’s easier to share this way, than one link or post at a time. Eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, chia seeds, nuts, and tofu can be good sources of protein when you are avoiding meat.
If you are avoiding meats for religious reason, you could easily add fish, shrimp or other seafoods to most of these.
You could also add meat to most of these for a lower protein meal or to satisfy someone else in your household.
Stuff your portobellos with just about anything to make a meal.
Not a mushroom fan or just want something different…stuff it all in a bell pepper instead.
An omelet or frittata
Pancakes or waffles
Egg Drop Soup – Made with veggie broth and filled with vegetables
Pizza – Top with all your favorite things
Salad – So simple and quick
Change up your vegetable and make all kinds of different quiches, with or without a crust.
Fill up your zucchini rolls with all kinds of cheeses and sauces.
- 2 cans of drained black soy beans
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 (135 g) can tomato paste
- 1 (410 g) can coconut cream
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 ⁄2 tsp chili powder
- 1 ⁄2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp brown sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- Sauté onions until they are soft and clear.
- Add tomato paste, coconut cream and seasonings, stirring over a gentle heat until they form a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Add beans to sauce. Allow to simmer gently for 15 minutes or so, stirring from time to time.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, or rice/pasta substitute.