A great veggie side dish, a nice break from broccoli or cauliflower. The sauce it what makes it so good…make extra, serve with other veggies or meats. I’m not even a mustard lover, but this is amazing.
Roasted Cabbage W/Onion Dijon Sauce
- ½ medium green cabbage (about 1½-lbs)
- 1 TB. garlic-infused olive oil (or bacon grease)
- salt & pepper
- 3 TB. butter
- 2 TB. minced fresh onion
- 1 TB. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- pinch (1/8 tsp.) each salt and pepper
Optional: chopped chives or parsley for serving
**Double the sauce and serve with fish or chicken
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone.
- Cut cabbage half into four equal wedges and set on prepared baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to coat the cut side of each wedge with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn wedges and repeat.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. Flip the wedges and roast until nicely browned, 8-10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the butter is completely melted. Keep warm (alternately, place ingredients in a microwavable container and cook on high for about 1 minute – warm again before using).
- To serve, place the wedges on a plate and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with chives or parsley, if desired.
Original recipe comes from anoregoncottage.com