Looking for a side dish that’s a little different? Missing some party time potato skins? Need a simple potluck food that everyone will love? Try these!! They are delicious and super easy, can be made on the grill or in the oven and seasoned any way you like it.
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 4 zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil or meted butter
- black pepper
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Seasoning Salt
- Garlic powder/salt
- Favorite seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook bacon until crispy, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and chop into small pieces.
- Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise.
- Using a large metal spoon, scoop out seeds from the insides, then cut each piece into three to four pieces. (A grapefruit spoon works awesome)
- Transfer zucchini to a large baking sheet and toss with olive oil/butter. Season with seasonings of choice.
- Bake until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Top each piece of zucchini with cheese and bacon.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is bubbly and zucchini is tender, about 6-10 minutes more.
- Garnish with sour cream and green onions.
(Sour cream mixed with a little sriracha or sugar free BBQ sauce makes a great topping.)
- Place oiled zucchini halves cut side down on hot grill for 3-5 minutes
- Top with bacon and cheese and return to grill until cheese is melted (I usually place it on tin foil)
You could top these or fill these with about anything you could think of, the original is sooo good though.