Best upgraded salsa ever, so good it can be eaten with a spoon. Make your own tortilla chips, use pork rinds, eat on tacos or sandwiches….it’s amazing no matter what you do with it. This has quickly become a family favorite, my husband and daughter in law will block each other from the bowl and scuffle over it.
Avocado Shrimp Salsa
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined (precooked works just as well)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (for cooking shrimp)
- Juice of 3 medium limes (1-2 Tbsp lime juice)
- 2 medium/large avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 english cucumber, diced (too much really overpowers the salsa)
- 3 medium (or 4 roma) tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook 3 minutes total, turning once halfway.
- Saute just until cooked through then remove from the pan.
- Transfer to cutting board, coarsely chop and place into a large mixing bowl. (If using precooked, rinse with cold water, chop and place in large mixing bowl)
- Squeeze the juice of 3 medium limes over the shrimp, stir and set aside to marinate while you prepare remaining salsa ingredients.
- Dice cucumber, tomato and avocado and add them to the mixing bowl with shrimp.
- Finely dice onion and chop ½ bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Add to the mixing bowl then stir together all of the ingredients until well combined and serve.
Original recipe comes from natashaskitchen.com