It seems that side dishes are not as easy when you’re keto, the simple side used to be some form of potatoes…mashed, fried, scalloped, bread, rolls, pasta, rice…all the thing we can’t have now. A person can only eat so many salads and so much broccoli, we need to change it up.
Crispy “fried” Green Beans
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces green beans, stem ends removed
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg in a shallow dish with 1 tablespoon water. In another shallow dish, stir together the Parmesan, garlic powder and some salt and pepper.
- Dip the green beans first in the egg mixture, rolling them to fully coat. Using a fork, gently transfer the green beans to the cheese mixture and roll to evenly coat them on all sides with the cheese.
- Transfer the green beans to the prepared baking sheets, making sure the beans are in a single layer and not touching. Bake until golden brown and crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
Recipe from the Food Network