I keep seeing people say they don’t have time to eat right in the mornings…they are looking for something quick to make in the morning or something they can just grab to take with them. Here are some easy ideas in both categories.
Filled Egg Crepe – This is quick and very versatile
1 Minute Muffin – This fits both categories, quick and easy AND I can take it with me. I even make these at work.
Scrambled Eggs can be made in a cup or bowl in a microwave…just mix ingredients, cook 30 seconds, mix again and repeat. Repeat until cooked to your liking. Mix ingredients the night before and cook at work.
Chia Pudding – So many flavors and can be made for the whole week.
I also love YQ yogurt by Yoplait (plain) with berries or other add ins. YQ is 2 carbs with only milk and yogurt cultures as ingredients. Here are some amazing things you can do with your yogurt
Info on filtered dairy products such as YQ and Failife milk – Great for smoothies and shakes too.
Omelette Muffins – Grab and go, make ahead and freezable. Add the ingredients you love.
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sausage links
- Anything you would put in a regular omelette.
You can also put a slice of ham or Canadian bacon in the muffin cup and fill it with your ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
- Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- You can also fill the cups with your add ins, pour egg over the top and top with cheese. This way you can make different varieties all in one batch.
- Freeze option: Cool baked egg muffins. Cover and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, place in greased muffin pan, cover loosely with foil and reheat in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Or, microwave each muffin on high 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
You can make Pancakes and Waffles in big batches and freeze.
Birch Benders Keto Pancake Mix is great too, I add 1 egg and a pinch of baking powder to make them fluffier. A little cinnamon and vanilla for flavor.
And the best french toast to ever be keto
Keto Porridge –
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1 T butter
- Heat for 30 second in microwave,
- Add cinnamon and a pinch of sweetener to taste
- Add a couple drops of your favorite water enhancer drops
- Add a teaspoon of SF jelly or a couple fresh berries
Muffins are a great make ahead breakfasts too…
Bagels can also be made in advance for breakfast sandwiches
Keep in mind, there is no rule that breakfast has to be breakfast foods. You can eat meats and veggies, leftovers or just a protein bar if that’s what you want.
Here are some lunch on the go ideas too