Fat bombs can be made in about any flavor you want and any fat ratio you want. You can make them sweet or savory, small or large….
This is about sweet fat bomb, because I am a candy junkie, and not only do these provide the fat I need, they help replace the candy I don’t eat any longer.
- All of these can be sweetened to your taste, remember you can always add more, you can’t take it away. Cocoa is bitter and needs a little more sweet (in my opinion)
- Silicone IS your friend…Parchment paper is almost as good.
- Your mixture may separate as it cools, leaving a white layer on top. it’s just the fats and is still yummy.
- Finished product should be kept cold as it will get gooey and runny if warmed.
Chocolate Bomb –
50% Coconut Oil to 50% Cocoa = Chocolate Base
1.5-3 Tablespoons of sweetener per 1/2 Cup of Cocoa
Add in any flavors or textures you want
Melt coconut oil to a liquid, add in cocoa and sweetener and mix until smooth. Add in extracts, nuts, coconut as desired and pour into silicone candy molds or a parchment paper lined pan. Put flat in fridge or freezer until cooled and solidified.
Coconut Butter Bomb –
Coconut butter is what happens when you grind up coconut flakes into a smooth creamy paste. It can be made or bought.
50% Coconut Oil to 50% Coconut Butter = Coconut Base
1-3 Tablespoons of sweetener per 1/2 cup TOTAL of coconut base.
If you want more coconut, you can add shredded coconut to mixture
Melt coconut oil to a liquid, add in warmed, softened coconut butter and sweetener and mix until smooth. Add in extracts, nuts, coconut as desired and pour into silicone candy molds or a parchment paper lined pan. Put flat in fridge or freezer until cooled and solidified.
Peanut Butter Bomb –
2 parts Coconut Oil to 1 part Peanut Butter = Peanut Butter Base
1-3 Tablespoons of sweetener per 1/2 cup TOTAL of peanut butter base
You can even do layers…make a chocolate bomb and while it’s cooling make a peanut butter bomb and pour on top of the cooled chocolate later. PEANUT BUTTER CUP!!!
Think flavors –
- Extracts like vanilla, mint, orange…
- Oils like cinnamon, peppermint…
- Syrups (SF coffee syrups) like vanilla, caramel, hazelnut…
- Nuts, coconut flakes, seeds, berries…
- Make them creamy with a little cream cheese, butter, sour cream, or heavy cream…
Junior Mint Fat Bombs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp. peppermint oil or extract
- Chocolate Topping:
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- ⅓ cup SF chocolate chips
- Combine the ½ C. coconut oil, peppermint oil and sweetener.
- Beat on high until the mixture is whipped well, and is smooth and creamy.
- Fill the sections of a candy mold about 2/3 full with the coconut oil mixture.
- Put the fat bombs into the freezer to set for about an hour or more.
- Chocolate Topping:
- Combine the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a glass bowl.
- Heat 30 second and mix, repeat until mixture is smooth.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool for a couple minutes, and top of each of the fat bombs.
- Freeze to harden for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen (swap out for different flavors)
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sweetener, to taste
- Mash thawed strawberries in a bowl
- Add vanilla and mix
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a hand mixer or whisk
- Add sweetener, to taste
- Spoon the mixture into a small muffin tin or a candy molds
- Freeze until firm, then remove from mold and store in the fridge or freezer
- Trade out the strawberries and extract for other things to change the flavors