I am always looking for quick, easy and yummy breakfasts. I don’t mind eggs, but plain eggs get old fast and fancy eggs take more time than I am willing to spend in the morning. I tried the omelet style breakfast muffins, they’re good but just not a fan of cold egg or reheated eggs. Here is another solution.
These are good hot, cooled to room temp, toasted in a frying pan. You could even mix it up and take it to work to cook later. It would also make a great snack or dessert.
These also cook great in a waffle maker, they do expand while cooking.
1 Minute Muffin
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- pinch of baking soda
- pinch of salt
**Optional Add Ins**
- Sugar free chocolate chips
- Cream Cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Herbs or Vegetables
- The choices are endless
- Grease a mug, small bowl or ramekin with coconut oil or butter.
- In another bowl, mix all the ingredients together with a fork or stick blender
- Place the batter in the greased ramekin and cook in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- These can also be baked in an oven, at 400 for 12 minutes.
*Danish – 1.5 T of cream cheese and 1.5 T of Jelly/fruit
*Cinnamon Muffins – 1 tsp sweetener and 1 tsp cinnamon. When cooked, also add butter and sprinkle with sweetener and cinnamon
*Cheesy Muffins – 2 tbsp grated/shredded cheese and 1 tsp chopped chives
*Spinach and Feta Muffins – 2 tbsp grated shredded cheese and some chopped cooked spinach leaves
The original recipe came from Ditch the carbs