Today was the first time making these cookies, the now have the family stamp of approval. A little sweet, a little salty and a lot yummy. Definitely a favorite, the shortbread could stand alone if you wanted, or you could add nuts, chocolate chunks or some combination of them.
Butter Pecan Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Sweetener
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sweetener together about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, vanilla extract, and salt and mix well
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls or scoop with a cookie scoop and place a few inches apart on baking sheets covered in parchment paper. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 5 minutes then remove from the oven and use a flat-bottomed glass to flatten again to about ¼ inch thick. Return to the oven and bake another 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Store on the counter for 4 days and in the refrigerator after that.
This wonderful cookie and picture is courtesy of All Day I Dream About Food