Christmas tends to be cookie season, so I think it’s time for some cookie recipes. Cookies are also great if you are going to a party or event where everyone will be eating desserts that are not keto friendly, put a couple in your purse or coat pocket and you can have dessert without worrying about the carbs.
This one is a favorite in our house, top 3 at least.
Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granular Swerve sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cook bacon until crispy, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, sweetener and egg. Mix until all ingredients are combined. I put on a pair of gloves and did this part by hand. The peanut butter was thick and it just made it easier.
- To the mixture, add cocoa powder, vanilla extract and baking soda. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Mix in bacon crumbles.
- Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Form dough into 12 equal sized balls, place on liner and flatten just a bit.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place baking sheet on a cooling rack. If you do not let the cookies cool thoroughly, they will fall apart.
This recipe and picture come from Peace Love and Low Carb