Tried something new..it’s one egg whipped frothy with a little cream and sweetener. I fried it like a crepe, adding a little of my sweetened cream cheese and blueberries and rolling it up. Best breakfast I’ve had in months. So good, super quick and easy!! This “recipe” became so popular I decided it needed to be added on here.
Filled Egg “Crepe”
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of sweetener
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of sweetened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of squished berries or chia jam
- Mix egg, cream and sweetener until frothy.
- Pour into a hot buttered pan (Low- medium heat)
- Do not stir, just let it cook
- Once the top starts to solidify, add the sweet cream cheese .
- Add the squished berries and roll up the crepe as you slide it onto a plate.
- (Crepe can be flipped to cook both sides if needed)
Sweetened cream cheese –
- Add a little sweetener (to taste) to cream cheese or make a full batch by mixing…
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- sweetener to taste
- a little heavy cream can be used to thin the mix
This mix also makes a great frosting
You could flavor some cream cheese with Sugar Free Coffee Syrups like Torani or your favorite extract.
Make a savory crepe by eliminating the sweetener and adding seasonings and filling it with a cheddar/cream cheese mix or using a flavored cheese spread like Boursin.
The possibilities are endless, flavors, cheeses, fruits, vegetables….