Zoodles are a wonderful thing. They can replace noodles, they are versatile and good for you. This was the first zoodle recipe I made and it is still one of my favorites. It’s like a mac and cheese side dish.
Zoodles and cheese
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 cup water (I use a little less, these always seems to be too much)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2/3 – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (any cheese works)
- Slice the ends off of your zucchini and use your spiralizer
- Add water & zoodles to a sauté pan, sprinkle salt over zoodles and bring to a boil. Boil and stir until water is almost completely evaporated and zoodles are soft. It doesn’t take too much for these to get too soft. be cautious.
- Reduce heat to low/medium. Add butter, milk, and cheese to the pan.
- Stir until fully combined. Add up to another 1/3 cup of cheese if desired until you get the consistency you desire.
- Serve up, add a little salt & pepper to taste if desired, and enjoy!
This is the kind of spiralizer I prefer.
This is the original site for this recipe simplydelisheats.com