This is a great dinner recipe, and if you keep the meat and dressing separate, makes a great take along lunch. I have also just made the dressing and used it on regular (bunless) burgers. You can also crumble up leftover hamburger patties to make this.
Big Mac Salad
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 oz lettuce Romaine or Iceberg
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Pickles, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp pickles, finely diced
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweetener (start small and add to taste)
- Brown ground beef…drain if necessary
- Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients in a blender. If dressing is too thick thin out with cream or water.
- Adjust sweetener to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the ground beef.
- Add in any other “burger” topping you might like. (Bacon, avocado)
- Toss with dressing.