This is a great dinner recipe, and if you keep the meat and dressing separate, makes a great take along lunch. I have also just made the dressing and used it on regular (bunless) burgers. You can also crumble up leftover hamburger patties to make this.
Big Mac Salad
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 oz Romaine lettuce (or iceberg if desired)
- 1 cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Pickles (diced)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Pickles (diced)
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sweetener
- Brown ground beef…drain if necessary
- Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients in a blender. If dressing is too thick thin out with water or oil and blend again. Adjust sweetener to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the ground beef.
- Add in any other “burger” topping you might like. (Bacon, avocado)
- Toss with dressing.
Similar recipes are everywhere, but I found this one on wholesomeyum.com