I love ranch dressing, but not the stuff in the bottle so much. When I go to restaurants it always tastes so much better. I figured it was because it was fresh and homemade….I was right. I decided to make my own and now I can’t get enough. A couple of my kids have pretty serious ranch addictions and they say it’s better than the bottle.
It’s good on veggies, salads, burgers….
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or heavy cream (you may need more liquid to keep the consistency right, milk substitutes are an option also.)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add a little lemon juice if you use cream instead of buttermilk.
- Mix it all together and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving. It will thicken as it sits.
- Change it up by adding mashed avocado, cilantro or whatever herb and spices go with your meal (or mood)