I’m not usually hungry when I wake up….but I can’t make it to lunch time without eating. I used to just keep junk at work to eat when I hungry…Eggos, oatmeal (sweetened), convenience store food…all not good for me. So I had to come up with foods that can be eaten cold or ones that still taste good when heated (reheated eggs are yucky!) This is one of the recipes I found, a batch lasts me all week, 2 makes a great breakfast.
This is very similar to the Egg Loaf (French Toast) recipe.
Eat them with a little butter and sugar free syrup, they taste like french toast. Even better when heated in a toaster oven.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 8 large eggs (separated)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 scoops(62g) Whey Protein
- 1 T sweetener
- Vanilla and or/maple extracts
- Melt butter and cream cheese for about 30 seconds in micrwave.
- Separate eggs whites to a second bowl bowl.
- Add whey protein and eggs yolks to first bowl, (careful not to cook the eggs from the heat of the butter.)
- Beat whites until stiff (add a little cream of tartar, if needed)
- Fold whites into cream cheese mixture until completely mixed.
- Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 26 minutes.
Original recipe found on keto connect