I’ve made this a few times, I love it. I made it for a squash hating friend last night. Now she loves it too. When I hear “cajun” I think spicy, but it’s not…it could be, if that’s what you like though. If you are keto and looking for a way to get some fats in…this will do it, lots of butter and cream – YUM!
Cajun Chicken and Creamy Spaghetti Squash
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Cook your spaghetti squash using your favorite method – oven, microwave, Instant Pot
- When spaghetti squash is done, cut in half (Short way gives you longer strands).
- Raw chicken breasts: Pound your chicken breast until flat or butterfly it
- Mix all seasonings together
- Use 3/4 of seasoning mix to season chicken.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken to the pan and cover. Flip after about 5-10 minutes.
- If using precooked chicken, such as rotisserie, add shredded chicken to pan with about 6 oz of chicken broth, and add 3/4 of the seasoning mix. Smoked sausage works great too, simmer in seasoned broth as well, covered. Cook until hot.
- Meanwhile heat up cream, butter, and remaining seasoning mix in a separate medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- When it begins to boil, reduce to a simmer over medium-low.
- Sauce should reduce about in half over the course of 20 minutes while your chicken cooks (and thicken even more as it cools).
- After it has reduced, add squash noodles
- Once chicken reaches 180 degrees, remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken and serve over the squash