Burgers are one of my all time favorite foods, on or off keto. Only difference now is no buns. I do a lot of burgers, a lot of different ways…it’s easy for groups – carbs optional. This is easy because it’s done in an oven, kind of like a meatloaf…but looks and tastes like a burger.
Serve with your favorite toppings, sauces, spreads cheeses and side dishes. Family members can eat on a bun if they choose, no double meals. They also save or freeze well for future meals. They can also be chopped up into a “cheeseburger salad”.
- 1 lb. ground beef (85/15 or 80/20)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Add any other seasonings you wish.
- 4 slices cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Gently press the beef mixture into an ungreased square 8-inch pan.
- Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- If there’s a lot of cooking liquid in the pan, you can drain some or keep it and allow some of it to get absorbed back into the burgers as they rest. I prefer to drain.
- Top the cooked meat with the cheese slices.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake just until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to rest and set for 5 minutes. Cut into four squares and serve.