When someone asks me for a good keto dessert that everyone will love, keto or not…this is the one I think of.
#1 -It is amazing good and everyone who likes pumpkin loves it
#2 -It’s a pretty simple recipe
#3 -It’s the first recipe that is all mine
#4 -Not just for the holidays, pumpkin is good year round.
The basis of this recipe was a lemon pound cake(also amazing) that I found HERE. After making it a few times, I thought it would make a great pumpkin cake and I started making changes…Here is what I came up with.
Frosting is not needed, but makes it even better. I use a simple cream cheese frosting. The amounts in this recipe are very flexible, it all depends on what you want it to taste like and the texture you want.
Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sweetener (I use Pyure)
- 7 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice extract (not necessary if you can’t find any)
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I always add more)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss in room temperature butter, softened cream cheese, and sweetener into a mixing bowl.
- Cream together the butter and sweetener until smooth. Then, add in softened chunks of cream cheese and blend together until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, pumpkin, and extracts in with the blended ingredients. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl: mix together the almond flour, baking powder,pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Slowly add in the ingredients from the medium sized bowl into the batter. Use a hand blender to blend the clumps until very smooth.
- Pour batter into a pan. Bake for 60 – 120 minutes (approx 70 minutes for bundt pan) at 350 F until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle. Also makes great loafs.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream (Depending on desired Consistency)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla (Or other flavor extract)
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Sweetener (Depending on type of sweetener used and taste)
- 2-4 Tablespoons Butter (Optional For Creaminess)
- Mix well and frost as desired.