This is a new one for me, and while I love my pumpkin pound cake, this is easier, faster and makes a smaller amount. It’s more of a quick after dinner dessert rather than a special event cake.
They are very moist and definitely need a lined pan or cupcake wrappers. They also need to be cooked closer to the 30 minutes, they are very tasty and I will be making more.
Pumpkin Bars w/Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 2/3 cup Sweetener
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
**Cream Cheese Frosting**
- 6 oz Cream cheese (softened, cubed)
- 1/2 cup Powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Heavy cream (optional, for easier frosting)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the cream cheese and coconut oil, until you can stir them together easily.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil/cream cheese mixture, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat with the hand mixer at low speed, until just combined.
- Pour the batter to the lined baking pan and smooth the top. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- To make the frosting, use a hand mixer to beat together the cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla, until smooth. (You can thin it out with a little milk or cream if you’d like.)
- Let the bars cool completely before frosting and cutting.
- Makes great cupcakes too
This recipe is courtesy of Low Carb Yum, one of my favorite “go to” recipe sites.